Home          Follow Me on Pinterest           Life is Happy When Healthy Website

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Costa's Famous Soup Slop

Costa's Famous Soup Slop
I make a large batch and store in separate containers that hold 1 week's worth of soup for the school week. I freeze these. I usually make 10-12 weeks worth at a time. On Sat. morning I take out a frozen container and thaw until Sunday morning and place into 5 separate containers to take to school.

To prepare I find fresh peppers and asparagus on sale and cut up into small pieces and freeze.

2 cans of coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
5 bunches of asparagus cut into small pieces
10 red, orange, and yellow peppers cut into small pieces
1 bag of frozen kale
1 bag of frozen spinach
1 cup of frozen corn
6 large carrots peeled and cut into small pieces
4 butternut squash cooked 
3 tbs of ground turmeric
Fresh ginger grated (choose your amount, I like a lot)
Spices - I use something different every time

Put all above into a huge pot, fill water to near top of veggies cook for a few hours. Add all the beans halfway through.

1 bag of lentil beans cooked in crockpot prior
2 cans of black beans drained
2 cans of kidney beans drained
2 cans of northern beans drained

Let it cool before putting into storage containers.




No comments:

Post a Comment