Home          Follow Me on Pinterest           Life is Happy When Healthy Website

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lentil Stuffed Poblano Peppers

Lentil Stuffed Poblano Peppers
I wanted to use the red split lentils I bought a few weeks ago so I picked up some mild peppers that don't have as much flavor as a bell pepper but are large enough to stuff. Left with the big decision of what else to stuff them with.....bacon and spice! I always keep cooked and chopped bacon in my freezer for times when I want some bacon in my food. Makes it so convenient especially when you buy a package of bacon and just need a few pieces. Now I'm always prepared!

Ingredients:
3 Poblano peppers, seeds taken out and stems off
1/2 cup red split lentils
1/4 cup finely chopped cooked bacon
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp oregano flakes
1/4 tsp Italian blend spice
1/8 tsp Cayenne powder (if you like a little kick)

Cook the lentils with 1 3/4 cups water on stove for 10 minutes or until water is gone on med/high heat and stir often. Add bacon, oil, salt and spice to mix. Stir together but don't let it burn to pot.

Cook the de-seeded peppers in the microwave for 4 minutes until soft. Stuff the peppers with the mix. 

Cook on the grill for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.



I also drizzled some Espresso Balsamic vinegar on top of the pepper for an added flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment