Home          Follow Me on Pinterest           Life is Happy When Healthy Website

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cranberry walnut and date farro

Cranberry walnut and date Farro

My husband cooked the farro the other night and used the whole box! So we had a lot of farro left over. I took out the farro and set it on the counter and wondered what to do with it. First plan, heat the coconut oil in a pan on the stove. I felt like I was on the TV show Chopped. I have 10 minutes until the salmon is cooked on the grill and I have to use the Farro. So I set to work. Grabbed walnuts from the freezer, dates from the pantry and starred at my spice shelf. I went with thyme for the spice. Next, I starred at my fancy oil and vinegar shelf and decided to grab the cranberry vinegar to give it the acid it needs. Now it needs a little sweetness I think. Honey is perfect since it's a pure sugar and not refined. I tossed it all together and it was the right choice. Was great with the grilled salmon and steamed broccoli.

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked farro
1 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs cranberry balsamic vinegar
8 pitted dates, chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tbs honey
1/2 tsp thyme

Heat oil in a pan on the stove. Place rest of ingredients in pan and stir often for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment