Home          Follow Me on Pinterest           Life is Happy When Healthy Website

Monday, January 28, 2013

Coconut Mango Quinoa with Butternut Squash

Coconut Mango Quinoa with Butternut Squash

I love Costco but sometimes I get to excited about what is there and get things that are such large portion size that I come home and say.... what was I thinking! On my day off, I'm a teacher and we had a snow day today, I made a few things involving my two purchases at Costco this weekend. 1. Cut up butternut squash and 2. sliced mango. I stood in my kitchen with my "free day" of time and thought what should I make. Here is one tasty creation I came up with...................................

1 cup mango
1 tbs coconut oil
2 cups butternut squash, chopped
1 1/2 cups quinoa already cooked
1/2 lemon squeezed
2 tbs coconut flakes

In pan on stove put in coconut oil, mango, and squash medium/high heat. Cook for 20 minutes or until all is tender. Add quinoa and lemon and mix up. Serve on plates and sprinkle coconut flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment