Home          Follow Me on Pinterest           Life is Happy When Healthy Website

Friday, August 9, 2013

Tomatillo Green Salsa

Tomatillo Green Salsa

We were down visiting my brother and sister-in-law and he made this salsa. It was so good I said I'd be making it. They grow their own tomatillos in South Carolina in their backyard and I tried one plain and it was actually sweet. I wasn't expecting that. This is great as a salsa dip with chips and on eggs and I also put it with tuna fish and quinoa with some lime oil and coconut vinegar.

Ingredients:
14 tomatillos, cut up
1 small vidalia onion, cut up
4 garlic cloves, smashed and diced
2 jalapenos, I took out the seeds, and diced
1 bunch of cilantro
1 lime
1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Fustini's Persian Lime Olive Oil (this can be left out)

In a sauce pan add tomatillos, vidalia onion, garlic, jalapenos and boil in water (enough to cover items) for 5 minutes. Strain the veggies and keep 1/4 cup of the liquid. Using a blender or magic bullet (my favorite kitchen tool) add the rest of the ingredients along with what you just cooked, and the 1/4 cup of the liquid. Dice up the salsa but don't puree it. Serve it hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment